Not long now until Battlefield 3 will be out. In fact I have already downloaded it
If you purchase Battlefield 3 through Origin, EA will let you download it from the 21st of October. Unfortunately you can’t play it, not even the single player version.
Its just sitting there tempting me … B.A.S.T.A.R.D.S !!!!
You click and all you get is
So I have to wait until 10 am Thursday, 27th of October Australian time to play.
To add insult to injury I had to pay AUD $79 which is much more then the cost of the American version and the American dollar is worth less then our dollar.
Off course I am not complaining about having to wait, nor am I complaining about the higher price here. Australians are used to being ripped off which is why I buy my books and Blu Rays from overseas.
A slightly more famous Steve then I passed away today. Its hard to believe that someone who helped invent the personal computer is gone, and at only 56 way too young.
I can’t even begin to think how much money on I have spent on Apple products, starting with the Apple IIe way back in 1984.
I think it has been
- Apple IIe
- Macintosh Clasic II?
- G4 Laptop
- Intel Core Duo laptop
- Mac Mini (Intel)
- Mac Mini (2011)
- the last Macbook Pro 15″ before the Unibodies came in (early 2008)
- MacBook Air 13″ 2011
The IIe cost somewhere between $3,000 and $4,000 dollars AUD in 84! I could buy a really nice motorbike with that sort of money now.
I always use e-tax to do my Australian tax return.
For the last three years I have the same process:
1. Enter all the data that is relevant, then get an answer that says I owe the tax office money
2. Procrastinate for two or three months until finally I figure out what I have done wrong.
3. It seems I don’t fill in the medicare levy surcharge question which means by default I get charged it! DOH DOH
4. When I repeat this process next year I will see this note and get my refund in July, not October!
In summary, if you are using E-Tax don’t jump around and fill in the questions you know are relevant. Start at Q1 and finnish at the end.
hmm, its now 4:48 am DST (daylights savings starts today) .. time to hit the sack.